Hello, my name is Jessica Martinez. I finished my A.S. in  Early Childhood Education at Borough of Manhattan Community College. As a teacher I hope to become almost like a mother figure to children but also be a role model that guides them for the rest of their life. I knew I wanted to be a teacher since I was 9 years old. My dream was to inspire little ones to love their own culture, their family and nature. To help them find a path to learning through play and the arts and entlighten their minds and hearts for their future .I love being around children and I enjoy teaching them and them teaching me .I currently work with children at The Dillon child study  center. I wish to teach my students, that if they want to be successful that they can, they must never giver up on their dreams and learn from their experiences . As a teacher, I will go above and beyond for my future students and care for them as if they were my own while also teaching them to discover the the world.

This ePortfolio is part of the requirements for passing each course in the ECE sequence; it provides a record of who I am and my learning at BMCC. 

My ePortfolio contains several parts: a Personal Profile, a Professional Development Plan, an Academic Portfolio and a Co-Curricular Activities Section.  In particular, the Academic Portfolio section includes evidence of the knowledge, skills, and dispositions I have gained in the eight major learning areas of the BMCC ECE program.